Yankton Manufacturing & Entrepreneurial Academy
About the course
During this two-week, 80-hour academy, learn to weld, use lathes and mills, and gain an introduction to computer-aided drafting (CAD) using Solidworks software and 3-D printers.
Tour local manufacturing plants and meet local entrepreneurs.
Develop teamwork and leadership working in teams to:
- Brainstorm products
- Create business plans
- Follow manufacturing process from concept to product
When is this course offered?
Dates to be announced for summer 2019.
Cost to attend
Free to attend.
Must be student entering grades 9-12 in fall 2019.
- Students who complete the academy earn .5 credit from their high school (if approved by their school district).
- Students may be eligible to receive 1 elective credit from Mitchell Technical Institute.
- Lunches and snacks will be provided for students.
- Students should wear jeans with out holes or frays, closed-toe shoes, pull back long hair, and refrain from wearing cologne, perfume or hair spray.
- Attendance, positive behavior, and respect for personnel and property are important.
- A Recognition Ceremony will be held on the final Friday. Families and the public are invited to attend.
Future opportunities: June 2019